Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shadow Fields the Movie

The film adaptation of my debut novel continues to gain momentum.

On April 15, 2011, a group of actors and I met at Ripley-Grier Studios in New York for a full reading of the script. Midtown Manhattan was an ideal setting, as the energy of the neighborhood's bustling streets flowed right into the studio, where the actors were excited about the script and engaged in their quality performances. Indie film producer Tom Mulligan and I walked away with insights and resumes, and after taking everyone's thoughts and notes into consideration, I edited our blueprint for the movie.

Seems I might have outdone myself, because my mother tells me the script is even better than the novel--and she's a big fan of the book! With the screenplay in marketable shape, it's now making the rounds in Hollywood, where we're drumming up interest in a movie deal. Yours truly is the helmer for what will be my directing and screenwriting debut.